Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - This old hillbilly can come up with some ideas.
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
DaveO430
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
This old hillbilly can come up with some ideas.

A few weeks ago I bought this old S10 https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/...ght-today.html
Been working on it ever since a little at a time and just about have it in tip top shape. Was working on the AC, put a new compressor, accumulator and orifice tube in it and a new pressure switch. As many of you probably know the compressor cycles off the pressure switch, what was happening is after a little while it would start cycling real fast, clack clack clack every 1/2 second, figured it was the pressure switch so I changed it, same thing. The pressure gets down to about 25psi, it shuts off and about 26psi it comes back on, should come back on about 40psi. The bright idea I had was use something different. I had an old refrigerator out back so I too the temperature control out of it, drilled a small hole in the evap housing and ran the probe in it, connected it to the pressure switch wires and WALA it works perfect. I also took off the belt driven fan and put on an electric fan with a thermostatic control and tied it to the AC with a relay so it runs when the compressor is on also. I now have more in the little truck than it's worth but so it goes.

With no God over the state, the state then becomes not the defender of liberty but the definer of liberty.

NRA endowment life member
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow

If I disagree with you it's simply because you're wrong.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome