Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement Windshield

854 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  wildweasel7648 
#1 ·
imported post

I have been looking at replacing my wind shield. The original is in pretty grim shape. Anyone have an opinion on Memphis Shades? I like the tinted one with the vent. Suggestions would be appreciated.

#3 ·
imported post

wildweasel7648 wrote:
I have been looking at replacing my wind shield. The original is in pretty grim shape. Anyone have an opinion on Memphis Shades? I like the tinted one with the vent. Suggestions would be appreciated.
I have a memphis on my wing.It's well made,has vent and it is tinted from vent down in black..love it

#4 ·
imported post

redeyes88 wrote:
wildweasel7648 wrote:
I have a memphis on my wing.It's well made,has vent and it is tinted from vent down in black..love it
Here is my shield,I added side wings on it also.....

Attachments

#5 ·
imported post

I plan on replacing mine with a gradient black with a vent. Just can't decide to get a standard height, or a tall one.
(I know, you're supposed to look over the shield, not thru it, but, I plan on a couple long road trips next summer, and going thru Fla, don't feel like eating bugs)

#6 ·
imported post

How tall are you all that you can see over the windshield. I have the stock windshield on my 1500 SE and at 5 foot 10 I cannot see over the top without really stretching.

#7 ·
imported post

Hey Rupert, I also have a 1500SE - a 95 - and it has an adjustable windshield on it. At 5' 11" I can set the windshield so I can't look over the top, or with it all the way lowered I have about 6" of clearance over the top. I usually ride with it set so I look over the top, but can duck behind it is needed.

#10 ·
imported post

I got the Memphis in standard height. I'm 6'0" and can look over it when needed. I'm happy with it. I don't find any practical difference in adjusting the height. My wife says there was less turbulence with the original shield, though. The "solar" color is nice -- just a slight gray tint throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.