Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Goldwing

Thread: 2018 Goldwing
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 03:54 PM
famous1

This past weekend my wife and I went to see the new Goldwings, they (Del Amo Motorsports O.C.) had all types and colors. I was excited to get a new version of the Goldwing, although my 2006 ABS/Nav/CB/6-Disc CD, etc. runs and looks perfect. I have been waiting for a change in power and the addition of a 6th gear. As a bonus, it appears they added better suspension. Unfortunately my wife did not like it compared to our 2006. It is not nearly as comfortable for her. What she did like was the 2018 Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental. I confess I liked it too. The new smaller less comfortable (for my wife) Goldwing is not in our future. We have ridden the BMW K 1600 GTL together and I think if I set it up with passenger floorboards and armrest that could work. Then again there is a myriad of reliability issues and many complaints I have read from BMW riders regarding how BMW treats them when they try to solve manufacturing/warranty issues. They had the Raspberry Metallic Transcontinental in stock and when they get the Granite Grey version in, I suspect we will purchase it; despite the fact that we love our Goldwing. The new Goldwing just isn't as comfortable for the passenger, in our opinion.

ƒamous1
2006 Goldwing/Nav/ABS/CB/6diskCD
2009 Husqvarna 510 TE
2006 Big Bear Chopper Venom
2004 Kawasaki ZZR 1200

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome