Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - GPS Navigation System

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 05:05 AM
pwestjr

Post imported post

I'd like to also add that my TomTom 720 has a touch screen to make route entries a lot less time consuming. Also, I can update my TomTom online (through my laptop) as often as I want/need and guess what? It doesn't cost me to do so. I will definitely pass on the Garmins from here on out. Did I also mention that I can download (for free) Starbucks icons that tell me where the nearest Starbucks is. This is available (free) for other retailers/businesses as well.

Garmin won't get my business since they want to charge to upgrade a system that already came with my Goldwing and now knowing that it was out-of-date to begin with really ticks me off. I wonder if Lexus does that with their customers. What ever happen to good customer service? By the way, at least I can upload my music to my TomTom 720 as well instead of having to use an iPod which, I also have anyway. I hope Honda Goldwing gets their act together when it comes to the NAV system or that will not be an option that I will be looking for when I buy another Goldwing or maybe a BMW. They better hope BMW does show them up when it comes to their NAV system.

Pete West
San Antonio, TX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07\' Goldwing GL1800 (metallic silver)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome