Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Ouch! Air Conditioning is Expensive!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
AZgl1800
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Unhappy Ouch! Air Conditioning is Expensive!

My Suburban's A/C blew the high pressure seal in the rear of the compressor last summer

Sent it to the shop where my close friend says they do great work, and it is done right.

Well, the first quote was enough to choke a horse, but it was within $50 of what my eyeballs had already computed for a repair shop to do the job.

Then when the job was finished, the actual finished price was $200 bux higher...

When they were "done" and pressuring it up, they found freon seeping from the line under the truck's frame that goes to the rear a/c unit.
FWIW, my '74 Chevy Suburban also had a bad line under the truck to the rear a/c... Must be " a thing " for trucks with rear a/c....

So, new compressor, new dryer, new lines, all new O-rings every where....
Kevin the owner said that he does not like call backs on his work...
if he says it is done right, he means it is done right...

said if I have any problems at all, bring it back and it will be "done right" no charge.

Upside, I will be able to make all of my summer rallys anywhere, no matter how far, or how hot the weather is....

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome