AZgl1800
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by suvcw04 View Post
I have an Epson XP-830 and use ink bought on Ebay with no problems. The seller is E-Z INK. A few weeks ago, I got an URGENT update notice from Epson. As usual, I checked online to see if anyone had a problem with the update. Good thing, because numerous posters said said the "update" killed the ability to use generic ink. Before the update, the printer would just say the cartridge wasn't factory and ask if I wanted to continue anyway. After the update, apparently the printer will no longer work when it notices the cartridge is no "factory". I have since disabled the ability of Epson software on the computer to contact Epson, and vice versa.
I truly believe that such practices should be illegal.
Would you buy a Honda, Ford or Toyota if the only place you could buy fuel was from a dealer?
Holy Cow!!!

I have been avoiding taking Epson printer upgrades on the theory it works just fine now, why mess with it?

I have tried to lock it out from upgrading, but it always gets around that somehow.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome