Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Tent Camping...

Thread: Tent Camping...
View Single Post
post #313 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 10:12 AM
Jerry Burns

Year: 1993
Make: Honda
Model: 1993 GL 1500
Garage
The Last picture with the Toyota in it was in Lone Pine. The people in the Toyota were camping out of the car. Next to them were a couple on a KTM motorcycle, they had been on the road for 2 weeks. The guy had everything you could think of packed on the bike. Looked like Dusty Boots with stuff sacks every where. They headed out for Home in San Deigo that night. It's a good inexpensive way to travel and you can see everything along the way. That camp ground was right at the foot of Mount Whittney so it was a pretty good view to the west. I have had RV's and I watch those guys spend an hour or more setting up and another hour packing up in the morning. Then you have to drive that box down the road and try to park some where when you get there. It's not my idea of an adventure. Peter, I'm going to try to go about the 10th of june and spend 5 days there. The wife has some medical problems that I'm waiting for her to get a little better and I have some work for the next 3 or 4 weeks and then I can go. I don't really plan my trips, I take my phone for gps and some maps and I start riding. I get an idea ahead of time the route and I have been looking at the parks I want to see, and off I go. That's the adventure.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome