post #21 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 11:48 AM
dadztoy

Year: 2009
Make: Honda
Model: 2009 Silver GL1800 ABS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
I have Memory Tinanium frames on 4 pairs of eyeglasses.

Recently, I had a new prescription lenses installed into my old, but still looking just like new frames.... even at 12 years old, these frames are indestructable.

but, the local eye doc charged me $350 bux just to have the lenses installed in my frames.... I know that is totally out of line, highway robbery if we don't have an alternate place to buy.

did some searching on the Zenni optical website, and I found my frames....
Holy Smokes! I can get new glasses for a tenth of the price as what the local optician is charging.

https://www.zennioptical.com/p/benda...0?skuId=212021
I'm pretty lucky in that respect... My nephew down in Marietta, GA is my eye doctor and I never pay for glasses but I know what the markups are and they are pretty hefty...

I too am suffering from cataracts John and it won't be long before I'll need surgery... AAMOF, it's time for me to go down and see him again as my vision seems to be getting worse...

I have designer frames with ear pieces that swivel in 4 directions so they are pretty sturdy in that respect... I've been wearing glasses since I was a little boy so taking care of them is pretty much second nature to me...

I also just graduated into hearing aids so I can't think of much that is left for me to have

Les

4 wheels moves the body
2 wheels moves the soul
Honorary Wild Rhino - 7/10/2014

GL1800 HPNAM9
Darkside #1574 - Bridgestone Driveguard RF
Double Darkside - BT-45

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome