Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Indian announces rear cylinder deactivation on its Thunder Stroke touring bikes

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 08:39 AM
claydbal
Banned

Year: 1986
Make: honda
Model: gl1200A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornpone View Post
I had the opportunity 3 years ago to ride another fella's Indian Chief while he rode my GL1500 in the Cody, WY area for half a day. I really liked the look of the bike, incredible paint job!, and it rode well. Enjoyed the ride. But I wouldn't want one, I mean to own and ride all the time. Much preferred the 1500 for handling, quiet operation and overall FEEL. Then again, it was MY bike! I would never want to own an air-cooled motorcycle again; what's the point, for a touring bike?

the point would be to tour, like in olden days, while being able to repair on the side of the road. air cooled is simple and fewer parts to fail. air cooled bikes will run as long as water cooled will, longer without the first breakdown, in most cases. touring once meant you could keep riding a motorcycle every day while doing your own maintenance. living in thwe country, not a trip to see the country. then comes the "image" and the weekend trippers who ride to the dealerships to get their run pins and a new patch for their vest. ohh, and more farkles!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome