Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - GL1500 vacuum lines

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 12:28 PM
ALEX BERECZKY

Model: GL1500, GL1800
It took me 3-days to replace all the vacuum lines, working a couple hours a day... Worst case of skinned-knuckles, ever!

I simply bought ~30ft of each size, various sized vacuum, coolant and fuel lines, then cut off whatever length was needed... It's really cheap, so might as well just buy extra. I got all mine off the bulk spools from local auto supply; I doubt they were an exact match, but worked fine. I added Spring Clamps to all hose ends, to ensure no leaks.

Bulk hose works in most locations, but there were a few places (tight radii) where I had problems with the hose wanting to kink... Most of the time I simply made a Big (360 degree) Loop there, to avoid that.

You'll have to remove the Left Exhaust manifold, in order to access the vacuum lines beneath it... And you're supposed to replace the manifold Gasket when re-assembling.

If you do the coolant lines (as you should, BTW), I'd highly recommend replacing the Black-Plastic-Tee-Ftg (right side, forward, behind right pulley) with a Brass-Tee... as I've had the plastic one break several times.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I void warranties

KJ6QFZ
Dark Side #590

GL1500, 1990SE, 220k miles
Front: Bridgestone Battlax BT45, 41psi
Rear: Austone 175R16, 50psi

GL1800, 2003, 60K miles [following virginity reconstruction]
Front: Bridgestone Battlax BT45, 41psi
Rear: Pirelli Winter Snowcontrol Series3, Run Flat, 41 psi

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome