Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Is It Time To Write An Obit For The Site?

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 01:49 PM
toolcraft4100
Toolcraft4100

Year: 1991
Make: Goldwing
Model: '91 Aspencade
I am more of a lurker than a participant because my automotive/motorcycle/goldwing knowledge is limited to my personal experience which may or may not be correct. Whenever I have attempted to answer a question a better answer comes along later. And my comments are seldom responded to. But I'm cool with all that.
Seems like alot of the guys who post on this forum are experts and guys who have done multiple builds. Guys with cash to do cool stuff and customize. I think (or assume, or imagine) that you venerable rider/wrenchers are not being replaced by younger guys who are developing the skills and cred that you guys have.

Another observation is that you guys really stress troubleshooting and diagnosing mechanical and ridability issues. Seems like alot of guys just want to pour in some seafoam or replace a part.
Guys who want to restore, ride and maintain a big adventure-touring bike may be a disappearing breed.
All of the above are just my personal thoughts.

toolcraft4100

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome