Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - GL1500 Time Keeps Changing - Any Advice Please??

View Single Post
post #55 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
chris301up

Year: 1997
Make: Honda Goldwing
Model: 1500 SEV
I'm not very good at this modern computer stuff but I've attempted to make a video of this issue and posted it on YouTube.

The first part of the video shows the LCD screen and dash / meter assembly working as it should. When switching on the ignition the 'bulb test' sequence functions normally and the 'cruise set' and 'cruise on' warning lights remain illuminated for a few seconds before extinguishing. This is how this should be working. The time remains correct also.

The second part of the video shows the developing fault with the LCD screen and dash / meter assembly after leaving it connected for just a few hours. When switching on the ignition the 'bulb test' sequence functions incorrectly and the 'cruise set' and 'cruise on' warning lights extinguish almost immediately, thus the fault has fully developed. The time has also become erratic and incorrect. This fault remains like this from here onwards. Sometimes, but not always, this issue can be temporarily cured by disconnecting the multiplugs at the rear of the dash / meter assembly, but again the fault 'rears it's ugly head' again after just a few hours.

This should give some idea of this annoying and ongoing problem myself, and perhaps others are experiencing?

Here is the link:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome