Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - GL1500 Time Keeps Changing - Any Advice Please??

View Single Post
post #59 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 11:55 PM
briese

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris301up View Post
Hi briese. You didn't experience the same issue as me then with the time running erratically and the bulb test function not working correctly? I did notice only yesterday that the low fuel warning lamp wasn't working. Another reason why I decided to take all the LED's out for the moment.
No, I did not have any problems like you have had. Just the Fuel light that did not come on when it was supposed to. I took out the parallel resistor and reinstalled the 194 bulb .
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris301up View Post
I may install LED's and just have normal bulbs for the low fuel, cruise on and cruise set and that will alleviate the need for resistors. I've just been looking for suitable new bulbs on Ebay in the UK but cannot find anything suitable at the moment

I do agree that the main beam is a little bright with LED, but I think I prefer this as the normal bulbs on mine tend to be very dull
Believe me, you will see on a dark night that the main beam LED is way too bright. At first I didn't think it was but after riding through a mountain pass on a dark and stormy night, it bugged hell out of me. I had to put a diffuser over it as soon as I got home.

1998 - GL1500 w/175,000 miles
2003 - GL1800 w/106,000 miles

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome