Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Tent Camping...

Thread: Tent Camping...
View Single Post
post #323 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 10:27 PM
AZgl1800
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
after I passed 60, camping ended...
it just simply is not comfortable, and as you said, is a super PITA to setup, and then break it all down.

I want a/c, hot water, and a nice clean bed w/o the mosquitoes buzzing my head.

Cost wise, there is not much difference, especially if two are sharing the room costs.
Also, the motels that I choose always have a Continental Breakfast which takes care of me quickly and amortizes the cost of the room... in fact, it makes the room cheaper than camping.

Last year, the game plan changed for us ( my daughter and myself: wife passed )

Because of my medical condition, I cannot ride in hot weather anymore, 85F is where I have to find a/c comfort.

So, my daughter looked and found us a nice Toy Hauler with lots of features, the owners just quit using it... it sat for 10 years. And, it allows me to take our scooter, a Piaggio MP3.... it is a hoot to ride.

I can't begin to get people to understand how much more comfortable that is for me, I sit in A/C comfort in our Suburban and it tows the trailer quite well... plus, we have two BIG dogs that require all of the 2nd and 3rd seat space in the Suburban....

Animals live with you, you just cannot leave them by themselves, nor can you trust anyone to properly care for them....

March 1st, we leave for Florida via stop overs at rest areas, KOAs, my son's home for a week, friends for another day or 3..... then after the Southeast Meet 'n Greet March 15, 16, 17 we plan on looking at Florida and other places we have never been to...

I figure we will be gone for 5 to 6 weeks.....
hope we get to see you.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome