Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - GL1500 Starting / Lighting Problem - Help Please!!

View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 10:19 AM
AZgl1800
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris301up View Post
ADDENDUM

I have had the battery tested and although the output voltage drops very slightly, all is good. I don't have much faith in the Optimate chargers, which I have been using to keep it topped up, so they are going to charge it to full capacity and test again, just to be sure! It's looking more likely to be a problem with the wiring somewhere now?

Optimate makes different models of chargers, I am sure...

but the only ones that " I trust " are branded Battery Tender, which come in several different current capacity models... the 2 models I choose are the 1.25 amp, and the 0.75 amp versions.

Either will keep your bike's battery topped off at 13.6ish all the time.
they turn on, charge, then turn off and monitor.
that way, there is not the problem of boiling a battery dry.

I have one dedicated to every battery equipped vehicle here.
  • RV deep cycle
  • Piaggio MP3 scooter
  • GL1800,
  • Lawnmower tractor ( this is the worst of the lot, if not on Battery Tender )

and one with Alligator clips that gets moved around during sub-freezing long term weather.... it goes on the Suburban and the Pontiac Vibe because we are recluses in Cold Weather, and don't get out of the house.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome