Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - GL1500 Starting / Lighting Problem - Help Please!!

View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:43 PM
redwing52

Year: 1999
Make: GL1500 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris301up View Post
Hi DBohrer

Thanks for that information. I really didn't know this. I'm just wondering why these should illuminate on their own when the ignition key is turned to it's first position. Is this correct I ask myself or incorrectly wired into the loom? Something else I just want to check at this stage
To be as clear as possible I would say I would not be surprised if the saddlebag lights were on in any position except for the offf position where you can remove the key. If you have the key in your pocket and any lights are on you have trouble. Other than that I would not worry about the amp or so it takes in any other position. You won't have it in that position very long or often unless you forget. Your battery is no good if you see 9.4 when cranking with it charged. You must have 10 volts minimum. Does the bike spin over then start when you release the key? That is a sign of aa failing battery.

Mike

Worked on the "big rigs" for 45 years now just riding my Wing whenever I can. Gets cold in Wisconsin.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome