Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Oil Pressure Gauge

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  flogler 
#1 ·
I just purchased the Unobtainium 2.0 panel for my 1999 GL1500SE and would like to have a Voltage gauge and an Oil pressure gauge.

For the Oil pressure gauge, I will need to add a street T-fitting between the factory Oil pressure sensor and the engine. Can anyone tell me what thread is on the Oil pressure sensor? Is it a NPT, BSPT, or something else? What size?

These are the gauges that I'm considering. They are not an exact match to the factory speedometer and tachometer gauges, but they are similar. I really like the combination of digital and analog in one gauge.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice looking gauges, but I don't see anywhere that they are intended for outdoor, or wet environment use. It appears they are inside vehicles and trucks only. You may want to call and check on that.

#10 ·
I emailed GlowShift gauges and asked if there gauges were somewhat waterproof. I received a reply that emphatically stated that they were not.
Below is the response from GlowShift.

Rachel O (GlowShift Gauges, LLC)
Mar 18, 1:17 PM EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your email. Apologies for any inconvenience, however, our gauges are not meant to be exposed to any elements. They are not waterproof and if damage were to occur from exposure this is not covered under warranty. Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns, thank you!
Thank you & have a wonderful day,
Rachel O
GlowShift Gauges, LLC
Hours: Mon - Fri 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST

#11 ·
Run a 1/8inch pipe tap in the threads and then u can put in standard fitting. I did that and no leaks and tight fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.