Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - i have buyers remorse

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 01:47 PM
Broke Winger
Village Whack Job...

Model: '81 GL1100 Interstate
Garage
Paid $1300 for my 81. Had it for right about ten years. The last three it didn't run. I invested somewhere around $8000 in keeping it running. I got $75 for it when I got rid of it. I went through four complete parts bikes and god only knows how many other outsourced parts. It had Dodge parts, Ford parts, Nissan parts even a couple Yamaha and Harley parts on it. There were one of a kind custom fabricated parts, a hand sewn leather seat and a custom paint job.

It was just shy of 63K when I bought it. Was just over 189K when I tried racing a Triumph ST. I short shifted out of first gear wound up in neutral. Ran it right up to about 12k rpm for about two seconds. Was enough to blow a couple valve seals and spin at least one bearing. Brought it home and put it away for a few months. When I got around to tinkering with it I found the motor seized. It sat a little over two more years and I scrapped to a local bike salvage.

I put WAY to much money into that bike. But I loved it. Now, I haven't ridden in almost five years. Part of me wishes I'd spent a few hundred bucks and put another motor in it. But mostly I'm glad it's gone at this point.

P.G.R. Member ID: 88374

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our Soldiers are what make us strong. Without them there would be no USA.

Last edited by Broke Winger; 03-26-2019 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Correcting typos

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome