Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - CB Interference from EC LED headlights

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
dadztoy

Year: 2009
Make: Honda
Model: 2009 Silver GL1800 ABS
Garage
CB Interference from EC LED headlights

So I was on a ride with a buddy a while back and noticed that my CB would not squelch... It took a squelch adjustment of 14 before it would quiet... Today I got a chance to troubleshoot it a bit and just playing a hunch, I pulled the 15 amp fuse for the low beams (LED's) and the CB quieted and the squelch was back to it's normal setting of 4...

I don't remember if there was a problem after the initial installation of the EC LED headlights and given the fact I only use the CB when riding with a buddy who visits once or twice a year perhaps I never noticed it... Still, I want it to work the way it should and did before the LED installation...

Has anyone else experienced this issue with excessive electrical noise from the EC LED headlights and if so what was the fix??? I will give Lewis a call when I get a chance but will be away for a day or two starting tomorrow...

TIA

Les

4 wheels moves the body
2 wheels moves the soul
Honorary Wild Rhino - 7/10/2014

GL1800 HPNAM9
Darkside #1574 - Bridgestone Driveguard RF
Double Darkside - BT-45

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome