Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - 87 Gl 1200 carb rebuilt with 102/35 jets

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Frenchie

Year: 1987
Make: Honda
Model: GL1200 Interstate
87 Gl 1200 carb rebuilt with 102/35 jets

Hi guys...
First thing thank you so much for these forums and all the "how to" vids and tutorials... a real goldmine for a newbie like me...
Ok so not patting myself on the back but since i got my 87 1200 Interstate last week I was able to pull out the carburetors bank and rebuild them with a kit bought online...
... added 10w40 oil... got rid of all the old gas... cleaned the fuel filter and all electrical connections i could find... new air filter... new gasoline...
Then carbs back in the baby and today I turned the key in for the first time... and it worked..
At least partially...
The engine idles but stalls whenever I want to turn off the choke or give it some gas...
I did a by the book set up on the pilot jet of 1and3/4 turn on the pilot jet...
One thing I noticed afterwards though is that all these rebuild kits are 102 main and 35 idle jets which are not the original setting...
So my feeling is that I'm extremely lean to the point where I can't cut off the choke without the engine stalling... am i right ? Anybody familiar with this particular combination on 102/35 and he adjusted the richness and the pilot ?
Thanks guys

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome