Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - GL 1500 wheel on 1200 for CT?

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
MICK MACK

Year: 84
Make: Aspencade
Model: GL 1200A
got it. holes on swingarm need to be drilled out to 7/16" for larger studs on final drive (FD) the 88-89 GL's used 6 pin drives, 90 on had 5 pin drives. the drive splines shd be the same on either, but the 84-85 had a different hub on the drive flange than the 86-87 final drive spider/FD. disc bracket needs to be ground down to 1/2" as the FD is moved over to the L side ...??? where it looks like there is only the spacer IN the wheel, disc brake bracket, 1 flat washer, swingarm. just too much work for me, im too old to mess with all that , I wud like to ride the bike a few more times before I expire and not expire working on the thing. it is not that important.

doubt the machine will last more than 1 more season before it has some kind of catastrophic (Ignition pick ups) failure and just not worth the effort to take the WHOLE machine apart again to replace 2 things that shd have been put on ... most anywhere but where they put them, that are no longer available anyway. lessons learned again, buy a "cheap" bike n spend more on it than it is worth and not be able to trust it to WM 6 miles away. expensive lesson # xxx.

I wish I had money to buy NICE NEW THINGS that didn't have to work on more than get to use them. that wasn't fun many, many, many years ago when I was poor, in better health and couldn't afford decent things, it is not fun now that im older, in poor health and cant afford to have decent things that work

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome