Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - 87 Gl 1200 carb rebuilt with 102/35 jets

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Frenchie

Year: 1987
Make: Honda
Model: GL1200 Interstate
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Schmidt View Post
Sounds to me your slow jets are still partially plugged. Having to keep it choked as you described is often the first clue. With the choke on, will it increase RPM up to say 2500-3k and then allow you to take off the choke? If so, see my first comment. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Schmidt View Post
Sounds to me your slow jets are still partially plugged. Having to keep it choked as you described is often the first clue. With the choke on, will it increase RPM up to say 2500-3k and then allow you to take off the choke? If so, see my first comment. Good luck.
Hey John... the slow jets are brand new...
It's doing better since i followed the advice of a winger who told me to set up tbe pilot at 3 turns instead of the 1.3/4 per the book...
It's now idling without the choke... i still have problems going up in the rpm after 25% on the handle... just when the mainjet is taking over the slow jet from what I underdtood ...
So my 102 seems really too small...
I dug out the jets i Initially replaced and they are 105...
Im currently trying to unscrew them from the rest of their body... corrosion has sealed 3 of them...
I feel like I'm gonna be better off with buying some new 105 from jetsrus...

New source of stress... engine off I engaged the 1st gear and was able to move the rear wheel with my bare hands without efforts... whille engaging the 2nd gear I couldn't move the wheel as it should be ...
Does it mean my 1st gear is shot or did I forget something?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome