Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Result of a near disaster: 82-1100-I

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:59 AM
AZgl1800
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Goldwing View Post
Dont know a lot about starters but in two occasions my son followed me on my Suzuki and went stright where I was making a left. It was a rural road in both occasions and no harm was done to my son or bike. Since then he is a much better rider.
Motorcycle riding require special attention and mind preparedness.
You can not ride for months and the go straight for the twisties.
In the days I work hard on building the house when Im tired I always take the car to Home Depot instead of motorcycle.
Doing curve after curve require a bit of warm up at slower speeds

Peter,
when I was working for a habit, and riding my 1500 everyday, things were done by muscle memory.

now, being retired and 20 years older, and letting 3 to 4 months or more slide by between rides, things don't happen as easily. I really have to push hard to keep the concentration where it belongs.

~ John
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What is the Forum Index?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Download it here:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome