Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Result of a near disaster: 82-1100-I

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:59 AM
AZgl1800
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Goldwing View Post
Dont know a lot about starters but in two occasions my son followed me on my Suzuki and went stright where I was making a left. It was a rural road in both occasions and no harm was done to my son or bike. Since then he is a much better rider.
Motorcycle riding require special attention and mind preparedness.
You can not ride for months and the go straight for the twisties.
In the days I work hard on building the house when Im tired I always take the car to Home Depot instead of motorcycle.
Doing curve after curve require a bit of warm up at slower speeds

Peter,
when I was working for a habit, and riding my 1500 everyday, things were done by muscle memory.

now, being retired and 20 years older, and letting 3 to 4 months or more slide by between rides, things don't happen as easily. I really have to push hard to keep the concentration where it belongs.

NASR 12 in Galena, IL
June 18th, 19th and 20th of 2019

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ John

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome