Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - 86 SEI Running rough suddenly

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
EAGLECRY24

Year: 1986
Make: Honda
Model: GL1200 SEi
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by glhonda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLECRY24 View Post
I don’t see any way to adjust the TPS. I did find water in the cover... I’ll investigate more. See picture and video.

https://youtu.be/gv2ninXGIog

There’s that Click again. Un-commanded. I monitored the voltage of the TPS output and saw it jumped from 0.48 to 0.7. The resolution of the multimeter doesn’t allow for very quick changes.
Since the tps is causing injector click by simply pushing on the wires and loom indicates the tps is malfunctioning. There are two "safety" screws that will need to be drilled out (I'd use a reversible drill with left handed drill bits to extract them). Sure looks like you are going to need a VERY EXPENSIVE throttle switch. Do an internet search for possible cross references with Honda cars and/or aftermarket. One volt is too high to be a factory setting, and since the tamper screws are intact, nobody's fooled with it. Again, you need to take the reading on the pin terminal eleven at the ecu. That's what the computer sees.
I’ll try that. Thanks!!

I got rid of my alluminum wings and picked up a Goldwing. Here to be a Light.

Budd

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome