Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Trailer speed limitation in California?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 08:12 AM
joe in calif

Garage
Many years I was in central on my wing and pulling a trailer. I was pulled over by a CHP. I was in the #2 lane of a 4 lane highway. He said trailers are suppose to be in the far right 2 lanes. I said I see the signs that say AUTO WHEN TOWING 55 MPH. I said I'm on a motorcycle not an auto and didn't think it applied to motorcycles. He said it applies to all vehicles, he didn't site me. Now I notice the signs are changed to say VEHICLES instead of AUTO. On a 4 or more lane road you can be in the far 2 right lanes. As long as your not being stupid they will let you be. No one sticks to the 55mph, not even truckers, if your going with the flow of traffic your fine. I don't know where you plan on going but take a few days and ride the coast. Hit the redwoods also. So much beauty in Calif. We have it all, mountains, ocean, desert, and everything you cam imagine. I would stay away from San Francisco, iit is real busy and lots of traffic and hills.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IF YOU'RE BORN ONCE YOU WILL DIE TWICE
IF YOU'RE BORN TWICE YOU WILL DIE ONCE
A NEW START ON 1/20/2017

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome