Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Cuba, here we come!

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:25 PM
Pure Texas

Year: 1991
Make: Goldwing
Model: SE
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Goldwing View Post
Since long I wanted to travel to Cuba to see the former American play land .
Ii is the architecture , the people and the old American cars that sparks my interest.
The restrictions have been lifted by the former president and now we have cruises going to Havana.
It looks like the current administration has reimpose them somewhat.

In order to live the ship ,one MUST book a tour which starts for like$170/per person.
The "tour" is one of the categories the US State department allows you to visit Cuba if you have no relatives in there. It has to be "educational"

I dont think the government has the right to restrict one's right to travel where ever he /she wishes to go.
I understand the situation immediately after revolution but that was a long time ago.

There is no restriction to travel to N Korea ( if Kim allows you in) or China or any of terrorist supporting countries.
There was never a restriction to travel to the Eastern communist block.

I think any restriction on travel to Cuba should seize.
I hope to enjoy the cruise and who knows with a bit of luck I might meet
Assata Olugbala Shakur and collect her reward money

I JUST got back from a cruise there,you DONT HAVE TO BOOK A TOUR,but you do need a Cuba visa,75$ that can be purchased on the ship,going through immigration is a bitch,they only have female officers and they are serious,we took a horse drawn buggy tour,was really disappointed with Havana,too much poverty,the cars are government sponsored,drivers get some of the money,
Book it on Royal Carribean Empress,small ship,it docks in Havana but tenders in the other town( we liked it)
We walked off the ship and all the classic cars are lined up waiting to take Americans on a tour,2 hr cruise 2 hr walk tour.The cars have mostly 4 cylinder Chinese motors and some have Russian motors.
Crap they are sideways.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B919DCBF-F534-47A9-A4DF-C35003CABAA4.jpg (126.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg FC506981-3209-4C92-A16D-B3634A23CA5A.jpg (154.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg BBCDEB9A-E406-4559-B1ED-18B18DFBC6BC.jpg (145.2 KB, 12 views)

Love chasing white lines but they are difficult to catch.Hate drivers with no STOPLIGHTS.

1968 Kawasaki Avenger
1969 H1 Kawasaki
1975 1000
1985 LTD
1982 1100,STANDARD
1991 ST 1100
1991 SE Goldwing.
1995 BMW R 1100RS

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome