Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - 86 SEI Running rough suddenly

View Single Post
post #45 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:53 AM
Rednaxs60

Model: 1985 GL1200 Limited Edition and 1995 GL1500 SE CDN Edition
The OEM TPS cannot be repaired - sealed unit. Aftermarket TPS units that will work are on eBay - check for Honda TPS units, inexpensive and work. Buy a couple of them in case one is faulty - the QA on these units is not the best. See my post #36.

The aftermarket TPS unit case will need to be trimmed to fit where the TPS is installed. See attachment.

When you reinstall the TPS keep at the lower limit of the calibration and it will operate well. You have to calibrate with the ignition on. When you do this rotate the TPS until the ECU provides an error code. You can do this for too low a voltage reading and too high. TPS calibration has to be out quite a bit for this to happen.

For the fuel shut off VV. Mine leaked as well. Drilled out the rivets, inverted the internal 4 hole diaphragm, and went to the local hydraulic shop for a new o-ring. Put back together with small bolts and it has been working fine for 3 years. Here are some attachments showing what I did.

Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fuel Shut Off Valve Disassembled.jpg (60.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Fuel VV Inner Diaphragm.jpg (134.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Fuel VV Rebuilt and Put together - 2.jpg (59.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg TPS Base Mod and Screw Hole.jpg (60.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg TPS Arm Mod.jpg (50.1 KB, 10 views)

"When writing the story of your life, Don't let anyone else hold the pen"

Ernest

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome