Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Got sucked in again

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:38 PM
MaynardGKrebbs

Year: 2004
Make: honda
Model: gl1800
Garage
If a Highlander has a solid rear axle, I would think that there is no thrust angle adjustment. Only independent rear suspension has an adjustment, there will be a readout for it, but the only thing you can do is set the front end to track with the rear.

I have been told by shops that my F150 needs alignment., I said no thanks, I currently have 65000 miles on the second set of tires, the first set went 48000 miles(OEM) the truck has never been aligned. I just rotate them once a year.
I was a Ford mechanic, for 15 years, About the last 5 years at that garage, they wanted you to upsell everything. Talk people into doing scheduled maintenance early. We had one guy that told everyone that their transmission needed serviced. A 27-30k miles item. He was selling them at 15k.
I got tired of service writers getting creative. There is enough stuff wrong with most vehicles, you don't need to dream stuff up. I tried to school owners on why there is a maintenance schedule, and where their ride was in it's life. More like this stuff is going to need fixed in the next 6 months, year, and so on. And what they could expect cost wise for different items. Not "your brakes are worn out, if you don't take care of it right now, you will surely die"

MGK

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome