post #41 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 10:29 AM
CrystalPistol

Year: 1997
Make: Honda
Model: '97 GL1500SE/ '98 Lehman GTL Trike
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhunter View Post
In the history of emergency vehicles using flashing headlights, How many accidents involving emergency vehicles have been directly caused by those headlights?
MCs are generally NOT EMVs.

The lights of EMVs are used to demand attention. In my experience of some years use, they alerted people to a fast approaching vehicle, as did the siren and the lights on top or in grille but not always with good results. . Sure, they were usually successful in drawing attention away from normal traffic. There is only so much attention out there to grab, the more demanded by one takes from another, just like squeaky wheels.
In those cases where the demand for attention exceeded the available supply, when something maybe did happen that was not so good, I found that it was the refusal of the dummy to pay adequate attention to driving as a whole that was to blame. Attention is not in limitless supply.

I don't mind flashing headlights on EMVs when operating in emergency response, but I remain of the opinion that modulating headlights have no place on regular traffic.

1997 GL-1500 SE / 1998 Lehman GTL Trike
...(Candy Spectra Red )
GWRRA, NRA, & VSPA Life Member

"Make Courtesy Your Code of the Road!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome