post #46 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 08:59 PM
CrystalPistol

Year: 1997
Make: Honda
Model: '97 GL1500SE/ '98 Lehman GTL Trike
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnaWingAndaPrayer View Post

"Am I to understand it is OK for an EMV to distract my attention causing me to look away from the task at hand, possibly putting me and others at risk . Well, that is the purpose of the equipment, to draw your attention. We all know that operating a motor vehicle on a highway is a risk in itself.
Though legal, I should not use a modulator to get other drivers attention , to make them aware of my presence? I never said you should or shouldn't use all legal means to get their attention. If you want to use them, then do so.

What about the tow truck running amber lights for miles at a time . What danger is it making me aware of? He or she is required by law to have warning lights in operation when towing. That vehicle being towed, may not have working lights and it could become a free roller any bump? But you knew that.
In my area school busses run super brightwhite stobe lights . Buss empty or full. Why ? We agree on this one, ie "Why?" when unloaded Ö but my guess is "just a rule" to ensure they aren't "not on" during a run?
Workers of all types wear orange or green vest . The object is to be seen .A modulator serves the same purpose. " I see MCs with just a headlight easy enough, and I see workers wearing vests, even while driving / sitting in the drive through window line. I saw them before the orange & green vests became the "fashion rage" too.
The opening post to which I replied way back on page 1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPsycho View Post
So, Iím finally going to ask.

Am I the only motorcyclist who gets annoyed by motorcycles with modulated headlights?

My personal opinion is that they should be restricted to ambulances, police and emergency vehicles.

Iím curious to find out if Iím the only one who feels this way.
I'll only add that if the DOT & various legislative bodies abolish the legality of headlight modulators on MCs, I'll not cry over it.
If they instead all make it legal to equip any motor vehicles with modulators, I guess I'm gonna be buying modulators.

1997 GL-1500 SE / 1998 Lehman GTL Trike
...(Candy Spectra Red )
GWRRA, NRA, & VSPA Life Member

"Make Courtesy Your Code of the Road!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome