Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Fix or sale for parts?

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 02:30 PM
skyrider78

Year: 2008
Make: Arizona
Model: Had a 1994 GL1500 with 204,000 miles. Sold when I lost my job. Now that I am employed again, looking
Send a message via AIM to skyrider78 Send a message via MSN to skyrider78 Send a message via Yahoo to skyrider78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouwinger View Post
I have a 96 1500 Goldwing with just over 65K miles. The miles makes it a nearly new bike for a Goldwing, but the years makes it obsolete. I bought the bike about two years ago when I still had some drivers license issues, but the bike was for sale for $2K. I could not pass it up, so I bought it. I soon found out that no dealership would work on a Goldwing over 10 years old. I found a mechanic that did work from his house to go through the bike and do a full once-over. His shop was the first stop when I purchased the bike, and I started the bike every two or three months and let the temp get to operating temp before shutting it back down. It always fired right up with no issues or strange noises. Over this last winter the clutch slave cylinder busted and leaked the clutch fluid out (I would work all the gears in the transmission while heating the motor up). Three of four months ago, the bike would not start. I have my license issues worked out now, but my bike is out of commission. I got the dealership to agree to look at it, and they said they would go through the fuel system for $2700, but it may go deeper once they get into it. My question is - should I try to get the bike fixed or sell it for parts? I am no bike mechanic, so my DIY skills are limited.
$2,700 to go through your fuel system. Darn I hope they use a prophylactic when they're screwing people like that

Dale

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome