Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - I've met God today or so he thought

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 05:00 PM
CrystalPistol

Year: 1997
Make: Honda
Model: '97 GL1500SE/ '98 Lehman GTL Trike
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Goldwing View Post
Wife ,I ,my son and GF wrote some nice backroads to Titusville not far from where Kennedy launches take place. We stoped and had lunch by the water surrounded by beautiful views.
On return home we took a more direct route because of the heat.
Rt 1in that are is a 4 lane road with very little traffic. We were traveling North on this road when I saw two fire trucks going South. After we past the interception point they made a U turn and were about half a mile behind us with the siren on. It was only them and us on the two North lanes. My son and us were on right lane on the far right side. The fire trucks passed us on the left lane and when they got even with us they blasted their siren to the max as in" get the F out of the way"
There was absolutely no reason for that as they had plenty of room.
I think the law says to give them the right of way and stop IF necessarily. about a quarter mile from that point they made a right in which I had a chance to give them the middle finger.
Whats your take on this?
Well, at least we know the fire trucks presence was no surprise...
but the drivers of those fire trucks didn't have this knowledge.

If they hadn't sounded the blast and were passing a motorcycle or two whose riders didn't know they were there, if one or both motorcycles became "involved" with a fire truck "on a mission", and again if there had been no warning blast, could have been ugly in civil court. I know, the blast are sudden and LOUD and there probably is no volume control, but the driver of the fire truck has what he has and a lot of other to deal with.

They probably didn't see your finger salute.

1997 GL-1500 SE / 1998 Lehman GTL Trike
...(Candy Spectra Red )

"Make Courtesy Your Code of the Road!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome