Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Can't get piston out of slave gl1200

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Nochickenwing 
#1 ·
Well, I started repairing my slave this morning but now I'm stuck. I got the slave off but did not think about needing the piston to pop out and I already took the slave off completely. Any ideas on getting the piston to pop out? Any help is appreciated

#2 ·
A blast of compressed air.

#6 ·
If you can figure out a way to couple it to a garden hose the water pressure will do the job. Have you tried a bicycle pump? Messy but it should work. Jimmy a way to get a grease fitting on it then use a grease gun. Keep the excess grease and use it for chains or garage doors etc.

#11 ·
Well, I got everything cleaned up and the repair kit on my slave. After installing it back on the bike I was able to get it bled properly and go for a ride. Shifts as smooth as butter. The M/C seems to be fine. The bike has never shifted so smooth! ?. The clutch lever is nice and firm. Bike finds nuetral really easy now too! The piston was apparently seized Wich is why I couldn't get the piston out by pumping the lever. I should have taken pics to show y'all. I can't believe it worked as long as it did!! There was tons of crud and gunk in the slave. I'm glad to be up and running again. After all was said and done, it's a fairly easy job to repair the slave. However...I could not have got it done with out everyone's help. Thank you everyone for having my back in my mini crisis ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.