Email Notifications - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

It hascome to my attention that some members of this world wide family use email accounts provided by some Internet Service Providers such as Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo.

The notification email, that is the one that tells you someone has posted a reply to a topic you have contributed to, or that you have received a PM is sometimes being treated as spam, or junk mail so you may or may not be getting your notifications here is a short guide for some of the more popular email accounts on how to insure this does not happen.

Hotmail

Login to your email account as you would do normally.

In the Light blue bar at the top, just below the dark blue bar on the right hand side there is a link “Options” click on this.

On the options page under “Junk Mail” click on “Safe and blocked senders”.

On the next page click on “Safe Senders”.

In the box below “Sender or domain to mark as safe: ” type goldwingfacts.com and click the “Add to List” button.

That’s it done.

Gmail

Login to your email account as you would do normally.

Check you “spam” folder, if there are any mails from the goldwingfacts forum click on it and then click the “not spam” button.

You’re done.

Yahoo

In Yahoo mail it appears you have to state that the mail is “spam” so you should be ok, if anyone knows different please let me know and I will amend this thread.

Sorry if this seems to be teaching some of you to suck eggs, if you are having problems PM me and I’ll try and help.

David

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Test Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page