No more thread notifications by email? - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
hlh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia, USA
Model: 92 Aspencade
Posts: 127
No more thread notifications by email?

I used to get email notifications when I was "subscribed" to a thread, but I don't anymore. What happened?
hlh1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Member
 
Guy10596's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Citrus springs, Florida, USA
Model: 75 GL 1000,76 ,77,78,79,80,81,82,82.
Posts: 217
????

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlh1 View Post
I used to get email notifications when I was "subscribed" to a thread, but I don't anymore. What happened?
I was just thinking the same thing , now i dont know when i get answers most of the time i cant find the page it is on , maybe it is a obama thing ?
Guy10596 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
hlh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia, USA
Model: 92 Aspencade
Posts: 127
Glad it's not "personal" and others are experiencing this. Sure wish this could be corrected so that I know when people respond to my posts.
hlh1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Graham B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tenterden, Kent, , United Kingdom
Posts: 636
There was me thinking it was a problem with my new e-mail.

Is this going to be fixed?

Graham
1990 GL1500 SE
Graham B is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
hlh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia, USA
Model: 92 Aspencade
Posts: 127
I would sure like for this issue to be fixed...

Any comments from the modurators?
hlh1 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Graphics Guru
 
Dylan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Baile Atha Cliath, Ireland
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlh1 View Post
I would sure like for this issue to be fixed...

Any comments from the modurators?
this has been asked and answered a few times in the past.... notifications is always an ongoing issue with forums and site mail and can't be fixed by moderators... The reason is because every so often the notification emails get flagged as spam by mail servers,, the notification emails get sent by the forum but blocked and bounced back. It comes and goes as mail servers and companies like Google & hotmail and others lift the block and put it back when they feel like it. there is no way to know if or when they will block or unblock the mail.

Dylan Saunders.
Dylan is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
hlh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Richmond, Virginia, USA
Model: 92 Aspencade
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut junior View Post
this has been asked and answered a few times in the past.... notifications is always an ongoing issue with forums and site mail and can't be fixed by moderators... The reason is because every so often the notification emails get flagged as spam by mail servers,, the notification emails get sent by the forum but blocked and bounced back. It comes and goes as mail servers and companies like Google & hotmail and others lift the block and put it back when they feel like it. there is no way to know if or when they will block or unblock the mail.
Gotcha, thanks!
hlh1 is offline  
Closed Thread

  Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Test Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Email notifications ebanjo Test Forum 59 10-06-2012 04:36 PM
Email notifications Larry General Motorcycle Discussion Forum 5 08-09-2012 05:27 PM
No More Email Notifications for Me :( TitaniumWing Test Forum 2 09-07-2009 01:19 AM
Email Notifications tanygaer Test Forum 0 06-05-2008 01:54 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome