Thread: Baker Air Wings
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Silverfox

Model: GL1800 '06 GL1200 SEi '86
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox
Post imported post

I have the sort that Little John has on his and are pictured and to be frank I think they are rubbish and if they hadn't come with the bike, I would be very displeased had I spent out the money to buy them.

One of the main reasons that I say this is because I had just the lower ones on my 1500 (not Baker I would add) and they were superb, just as Exavid says, not elegant, but they make a huge difference to keeping air off and also to bring it in when turned around.

The ones fitted to my 1800 do virtually nothing to stop any drafts or bring it in to cool me, in comparison.

If I were starting afresh, I would go with the Baker ones that are similar to the ones seen on the 1500 and earlier and don't waste your money on the ones that follow the lines of the fairing.

And as Little John says the nuts and bolts rust quickly and I have had to change to staineless now.

Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome