Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Dupli-Color Paint for Engines (DE1615)

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 12:17 AM
drking

Send a message via MSN to drking
Post imported post

go VHT if you want the best.
dupi-color was invented for girl's.

Uncle A wrote:
Quote:
I sent a quick email yesterday to Dupli-Color requesting some information on the use of their product. They replied immediately with the right answer. The following is my question to them and the response I received:
[align=center] ..............................
[/align]Question:
On the can of DE1615, the instructions say to use an engine primer on bare metal. However, your instructions on this (Dupli-Color) website don't mention to use it...what's the correct answer? I looked at Canadian Tire, Wal-Mart, and an auto parts store but no one stocks the primer and they think it's not required. Now what?
[align=center]..............................
[/align]Note: I found out later in the day that Engine Primer DE1612 is available in the U.S., but not in Canada. For those of us in Canada, look for VHT products.

Answer:
Thank you for your inquiry with Dupli-Color. You would want to use the Engine Primer DE1612 on bare metal applications for the best performing system.

A primer is always recommended for the best results. Bare metal or previously coated, a primer will offer better adhesion. You can find VHT products at Summit Racing and ATECH Motorsports. Any vendor that carries Dupli-Color can order any VHT product as we are both owned and operated by the Sherwin Williams Co.

Can labels will always be up to date and accurate and I would refer to them for proper application instructions.

For dealer locations, please contact the Dupli-Color Canadian Technical and Where-To-Buy Help Line at 1-866-736-1487

[align=center]..............................
[/align]Engine Primer ** * Dupli-Color DE1612 available in U.S.
Engine Paint * * ** Dupli-Color DE1615 available in U.S.

Engine Primer * ** VHT CSP-100 High Heat available in Canada
Engine Paint * * ** Dupli-Color CDE1615 available in Canada

I hope this helps with everyone's future projects.
Uncle A.

RABINDRANATH TAGORE:
He who is too busy doing good finds no time to be good.
<a href=\"https://goldwingfacts.com/forums/gallery_view.php?user=3923\" style=\"text-decoration: none\">
Pics of My Bike</a>

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome