Be prepared for life with Epic ID - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Model: GL1800
Be prepared for life with Epic ID

What a great way to safely and securely keep your vital records with you, just in case something happens on the road.

Also, check out our Unboxing & How To video:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Every Thing for Your Wing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow Us On WingStuff Social Media:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 04:42 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
The problem with those gadgets is that 1st responders don't have anything to plug a USB thumb-drive into.

If it is not written in plain English, it just isn't going to get used.
And that holds true for the hospital ER departments.

Been there, done that, they are NOT interested, nor will they take the time to figure a way to use that info.

Every one of the medical folks I have talked to, tell me that the info they would see there is NOT in the exact format that their trained eyes are looking for... and they don't have the time to mess with trying to decode stuff.

Now for Forensic research, yes, valuable...

For my wife, who is diabetic and on a lot of fancy meds, what I do is print out a sheet of paper 8.5x11 with everything in the exact format that our 1st responders are looking for. Now that gets used, and the ER department will attach that to your file.... and IF you last long enough to sent upstairs, the doctor assigned to you will read all of the file as he tries to figure out what is wrong with you.... a couple of doctors have told me they got good Medical History on my wife that way.

NASR 12 in Galena, IL
June 18th, 19th and 20th of 2019

~ John
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Model: GL1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
The problem with those gadgets is that 1st responders don't have anything to plug a USB thumb-drive into.

If it is not written in plain English, it just isn't going to get used.
And that holds true for the hospital ER departments.

Been there, done that, they are NOT interested, nor will they take the time to figure a way to use that info.

Every one of the medical folks I have talked to, tell me that the info they would see there is NOT in the exact format that their trained eyes are looking for... and they don't have the time to mess with trying to decode stuff.

Now for Forensic research, yes, valuable...

For my wife, who is diabetic and on a lot of fancy meds, what I do is print out a sheet of paper 8.5x11 with everything in the exact format that our 1st responders are looking for. Now that gets used, and the ER department will attach that to your file.... and IF you last long enough to sent upstairs, the doctor assigned to you will read all of the file as he tries to figure out what is wrong with you.... a couple of doctors have told me they got good Medical History on my wife that way.
Thanks for the info/your thoughts and great idea doing that for your wife.

Every Thing for Your Wing

Follow Us On WingStuff Social Media:

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Vendors > WingStuff.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page