Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums - View Single Post - Blinker has balls!

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
77GL1

Post imported post

ARKnapp wrote:
Quote:
Maybe I'm getting too old to see, but what I see is a black thicker board with copper terminals mounted on top and wires connected to these flow through connectors. Then at the bottom is a silvery thing. All in one picture. Have I got it right?

Al
Hey Al....that's right, but the terminals as photographed from the side doesn't show that there's another row directly behind the row seen. That's why I'm calling it "double" terminals. The silver shinny thing is the handlebars. I did this without removing or pulling the wires out. So it's a real tight situation.

In the second photo, if the "black (brown actually)board" is rotated from the top, toward you, the size is about 1 3/8s x 3/8s".

All of the older (the only kind I've done) bikes' switches I've done, are always held in place the same way. The switch is plastic (bakelite), that can separate into sections, and usually with springs and tiny ball bearings....anyway, all the ones I've had to fix have been held into the metal housing by small flat metal clip that has a screw that anchors the whole thing into one half of the housing (blinker in the top housing/horn in the bottom of the housing). Same with the right side, kill switch in the top half, and start button in the bottom half of the housing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blinker-top.jpg (16.0 KB, 57 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\'77 GL1000 / \'76 CB836F

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome