Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1800 owners manual

10K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  nsjoe 
#1 ·
imported post

Does anyone have a PDF file of the owners maunal (not service manual) for a new1800? I'd just like to see how general checks of oil, battery,etc. are done before I purchase mine. (Still waiting for the HD to sell!:X) Thanks!

#6 ·
imported post

I'm Sorry have i missed something, is there something in this manual that is top secret, i thought this was an open forum for ALL members to benefit.:baffled:

Someone once said the stupid question is the one not asked, maybe its the one not answered.

Rave

#7 ·
imported post

I don't think anyone was trying to keep anything secret. I was just trying to send KC5TF some information that I thought might help without taking the time to upload the files. Here is the info I sent him.

Pages 96 and 97 from the 2005 owners manual.

Item 9 from page 8 of the 2005 GL1800/A Set-Up Instructions.

#8 ·
imported post

Thats fine i understand there is a need sometimes to pm people, however i feel if a member goes to the trouble of asking a question then we should publish the answer for all to see, that way we all get tolearn something new. :)

Thanks Rave

#10 ·
imported post

Rave wrote:
I'm Sorry have i missed something, is there something in this manual that is top secret, i thought this was an open forum for ALL members to benefit.:baffled:

Someone once said the stupid question is the one not asked, maybe its the one not answered.

Rave
I think it is easier to send a member this type of info via PM ,If we were all to put on the site every owners manual or workshop manual ,it would take up huge space and no doubt we would infringe on copy write and could face a law suit ,,There is no way honda ,haynes or clymer would let this happen ,,Cheers Ciaran

#11 ·
imported post

wexman wrote:
Rave wrote:

Rave
I think it is easier to send a member this type of info via PM ,If we were all to put on the site every owners manual or workshop manual ,it would take up huge space and no doubt we would infringe on copy write and could face a law suit ,,There is no way honda ,haynes or clymer would let this happen ,,Cheers Ciaran
Thanks for clearing that up, copy write never even entered my head :baffled::doh::gunhead:if anyone was offended i apologize.

#12 ·
imported post

Rave wrote:
wexman wrote:
Rave wrote:

Rave
Thanks for clearing that up, copy write never even entered my head :baffled::doh::gunhead:if anyone was offended i apologize.
You didn't offend me. Ya gotta ask to find out stuff.

#13 ·
imported post

As wexman say, when you get popular enough to answer questions and give help you can bet the folks who print and sell the manuals will get touchy about you being loose with thier copy rights. Public domain they ain't. A lot of materal you can write it down, you can talk about it , you can compare it, you just aren't allowed to copy it.

Happy Holidays :bat:Keno

#14 ·
imported post

xhdpilot wrote:
Does anyone have a PDF file of the owners maunal (not service manual) for a new1800? I'd just like to see how general checks of oil, battery,etc. are done before I purchase mine. (Still waiting for the HD to sell!:X) Thanks!
Hello,

I am also trying to find the 2005 owner's manual in PDF format, is it still available and can you send me a copy??

Thanks

#15 ·
imported post

Rave wrote:
wexman wrote:
Rave wrote:

Rave
Hey Rave..... I am offended.... does that make you feel better mate!!!!:stumped::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

How is the knee doing by the way and Diane too?

#16 ·
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Rave wrote:
wexman wrote:
Rave wrote:

Rave
Hey Rave..... I am offended.... does that make you feel better mate!!!!:stumped::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

How is the knee doing by the way and Diane too?
Hey Silverfox, you hold your grudges a long time don't you! Still offended after well over a year:shock::X:X:X:X:cheeky1::cheeky1:. No wonder we haven't seen Rave posting for a while:(:(.

#20 ·
imported post

Would like to read the owners manual for a 2008 ~ 2009 Gold wing. My plans are to get one this spring/summer time, but would like to read up on it in the mean time. Can anyone send me by Email one that is text or PDF format of this manual...???

#22 ·
imported post

Did anyone have the 2008 GL1800 owners manual? I am in Cyprus until May when I go home and pick up my new Goldwing. I have a GL1200 that I got rear ended on in Jan when I was Home for a week. I would like to spend the time reading the manual before I pick up my new bike. Thanks for your help in advance.

#23 ·
imported post

Hi All,

Same request. I am going to be getting a new GL1800 in a few weeks and want to read up as well.

Regards,

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.