Some items on the "wish list" UK 1800 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

Model: GL1800 '06 GL1200 SEi '86
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox
Post imported post

I am on the look out for a couple of essentials for the new to me, 1800 that I hope to get on Thursday.

If anyone has the following laying around in the garage gathering dust, I will be happy to part with a few ££££'s for them.

Service manual.... (not owners book that comes with the bike) but a Honda or Clymer type one.

Tow bar + electrics.... very important as I use a trailer, and can't fit all our camping gear etc, in the boxes.

Would be happy to pay the postage on the manual and travel a good distance for the tow bar.... any excuse for a ride, especially if I can lash it on for the return journey.

I would be interested in any other goodies that you might have too, since I am starting with a fairly blank canvas, just rotor covers and a few bits of bling fitted so far.

Thanks for looking folks.

Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 07:06 AM
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

:chee ky1:

Rudy

...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 07:09 AM

Post imported post

i take it by your laughing rudy that the Mattel corp wont like the use of safety chrome on these bikes.....

\"\"THE MAD WELSHMAN in OZ\"\"

\"Lifetime member of the ORIGINAL 6 PACK club\"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Monkey with a Football

Garage
Post imported post

No, my laughing is because here is a guy who had it all. perfect bike, fully tweaked , comfort, storage space... everything ... and got wrapped up in the "me too's" and now look where he is....

Sorry Pete, it's just too sad.

Rudy

wasn't too much fun
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

Been there and done that, 4 times in nearly 30 years and I guess some would say, I should have stuck with the old 1000 that I first had with Vetter fairing and Sigma boxes, but then again, you only live once. Who knows, in a few years I might change my mind again and trike the bike and try some of that too!!!!

I will probably end up spendinga small fortune on chrome that I don't at the moment want and some lights too, but I have to say that there is no doubt in my mind that I am happily moving on.

...... yours sincerely

converted of Croydon.

Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Monkey with a Football

Garage
Post imported post

Here's hoping you stay that way.

Rudy

wasn't too much fun
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

Rudy wrote:
Quote:
Here's hoping you stay that way.
Which..... converted..... or in Croydon?

Pete

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 03:46 PM

Year: 2003
Model: GL1800
Send a message via Yahoo to wexy
Post imported post

Hey Pete ,you will get a NEW towbar from Gary in cyclemax for what you will buy a scondhand one for in the UK ,,Remember you will have to change the BALL on the american hitch to fit your trailer ,,if you want one of the trailer electric hook up from the bike to the trailer I can send you a newsocket and receiver for free,,it is smaller than the UK type and fits nice and snug on the tow bar ,, ,I have one lying around in the shed ,still in its packet ,I also have a full set of windwings in clear (top and bottom ) I was going to get them sprayed the colour of an 1800 ,but then I just left them there in the shed ,You can have them for free as well ,they cost around £250 a set ,just PM me your address and I will get them off to you ,,,Ciaran

CIARAN (pronounced Keeron)
yes it is Gaelic

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

Hi Ciaran,

thank you for the very kind offer on the wind wings, but I am pleased to say that they are fitted to the one I am buying, so those that you have can go to a better cause than me.

I did contemplate buying in from the States regarding the tow bar, but assumed that even with Cycle Max "preferential" postage system, that it would work out more expensive, but thanks, I will investigate the avenue.

I would of course be interested in the socket, if that is alright.

Cheers

Pete

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 04:08 PM

Post imported post

Hey Ciaran, you don't have a spare bike for free as well do you? Only kidding! It's nice to see the generosity of fellow members on this forum.

Thanks
Dean.

GL1500SE in Saphire blue
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > For Sale/Wanted Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page