Carb Sync Gauges Loaner Program - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 211 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Hey, can ya pin ths thread?

I am donating a set of carb sync gauges to the forum, for everyone to use.

The rules are simple. Use the gauges as you need to, repair anything that needs it, have them available to the next guy. If you think you will be taking a break from the forum, send them back to me so I can keep them in circulation.

Look to this thread to see who has them, and contact them by PM. When you get them, post on this thread so folks can contact you, being the last on the list.

You pay shipping to get the gauges sent to you, the next guy will pay shipping to get them sent to him.

JimC will be the first guy on the list, and has been kind enough to donate a set of adapter nipples to the cause.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 211 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 08:14 AM

Model: 1997 GL1500 SE
Post imported post

Good luck on that one. First time I lent someone a tool to a member here online, I never got it back. Will not return e-mails, or my tool. So screw that from now on.....

1997 GL1500 SE Pearl Sapphire Black
post #3 of 211 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 08:54 AM

Model: GL1800
Send a message via Skype™ to wingnut
Post imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
Quote:
Good luck on that one. First time I lent someone a tool to a member here online, I never got it back. Will not return e-mails, or my tool. So screw that from now on.....
Maybethere is a good reason for it, like the part being lost in the post. I'd been considering this veryidea a while back, but your experience discourages me.Someoneholding the tools for too long,orthem going astray in the postwill spoil it for everyone else.

Steve Saunders,
Founder Member & Admin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 211 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Sorry about your bad luck, cant blame ya for being cynical.

It is a spare set I have. Still, I hope the idea is successful so any member can benefit, and they not end up in a less than honorable tool box.

It should be interesting to see where the gauges go!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 211 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Older and Wiser

Model: GL1500 Aspencade
Post imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
Quote:
I say name him and give us a heads-up. I've got a carb balancer set and a steering nut tool I'd loan out, but not to that guy.

Ben.
post #6 of 211 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 04:28 PM

Post imported post

Should put a homemade passport in with it to keep track of it's travels. ;p Any users should sign,location and date. Then the users can see all the places it's been. Should provide some more subliminal incentive not to break the "chain." ;p

Some type of placard with your name/address might be wise to affix to it too so it'll be blatantly obvious where to send it back to so there's no need to search or store the info.
post #7 of 211 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Excellent idea!

Maybe include some notes/tips to help out the next guy?

Maybe Wingnut can start one up on the other side of the ocean?

Soon as I get a nice shipping box, and a handle on these storms heading this way, he gauges will be on their way to JimC. Also, this set of gauges also measures pressure, marked for fuel pressure testing.

post #8 of 211 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Really, it doesnt need to come back to me, unless the person who has it knows he wont be online for a while.

If I never saw them again, except to see them pass from member to member by the log on this thread, I'd be happy enough. I have my own set, so I wont be without.

Just me, trying to give back to the forum, as many have done for me with info, and MikeF did sending me a coil when my post count was in single digits.

post #9 of 211 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 04:59 PM

Location: Edgefield -Capitol of the South-, South Carolina, USA
Post imported post

I think its a great idea!

Sean, the Resident Redneck
1997 GL1500 Aspencade Limited Edition
1983 GL1100 Aspencade
Freemasonry--2B1ASK1
"Fear the government that fears YOUR guns."

post #10 of 211 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Disfunctional Nimatode

Post imported post

GREAT!!! Absolutely GREAT! We can only hope some fool doesn't goof up the mix. I will be in line to "mooch" them..... but not soon. Gonna ride this season out and then address some issues that have developed over this summer.

Thanks alot for your most generous offer.

Dabear

Don't want a deal with alot of flibiddy-flab or mumbo-jumbo...........

2003 GL1800 Illusion Blue
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > For Sale/Wanted Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page