1982 goldwing aspencade w/ trailer for sale. parts or fix. - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

for parts or fix. over heating. removed thermostat and thst not the problem. located in yuma az. paint on the bike is rough. trailer paint is bad also. trailer has swivel hitch. also have chrome brake covers and huge rear light rack for bottom rear above hitch, and a slimmer for the upper back part of the bike.have 3 oil filters, old cb headsets, cb, original gw tool kit, extra old seat needs to be recovered, one of the computer modules, chrome radiator cover, driver back rest in pretty good condition. engine starts and runs great. 70 k miles. tach is shot. missing one side box cover. 99.9% complete bike. trailer is an actual goldwing trailer from what i know with honda and aspencade logos. if you are interested contact me for more detailed info and pics. $1000 and im pretty firm on that. i spent more but got myself in a little over m,y head on this bike and want to sell. hope to hear from someone who can use all this stuff. i have a lot of old wing stuff. contact me and we can get on the phone and i can tell you exactly everything i have and get you some pics. picture looks a bit better than in real life. cell phones do that. just dont wanna mislead anyone. she dosent look to bad, but the paint is rough.

tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0930081430c.jpeg.JPG (70.3 KB, 354 views)

gold wing heartache for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 12:03 AM

Model: GL1100 / GL1200
Post imported post

You know Tim, alot of the issues you list are pretty easy fixes.

Most likely the overheating comes from not "burping the baby".

Tach shot, or just the cable?

Side box (saddlebag?) lid can be found on Flea-Bay pretty cheap

I'd rather spend a little time walking you through getting her running and making her a pearl again than see you sell it out of frustration.

Mike

Mike Kramer

"Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: Now."

Denis Waitley
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 08:49 AM

Post imported post

MDKramer wrote:
Quote:
You know Tim, alot of the issues you list are pretty easy fixes.

Most likely the overheating comes from not "burping the baby".

Tach shot, or just the cable?

Side box (saddlebag?) lid can be found on Flea-Bay pretty cheap

I'd rather spend a little time walking you through getting her running and making her a pearl again than see you sell it out of frustration.

Mike
looks like from teh pic the side box he is refering to is the locking cover to the glove box on teh right hand side of the box, i agree though these are great bikes and not to hard to work on getting it peal again would be nice i have a 82 aspy the cable for teh tach probably broke right at the engine like mine did, took me about 15 mins to put a new one in.... this bike is well worth the irritation you get some days....

why live in the past only learn from prior mistakes and try not to repeat them
-------------------------------------------
82 aspencade
-------------------------------------------
AK2 (AW) Wheeler former USN......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

what do you mean by burping the baby?

post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

oh and the tach is shot. its all black and it looks like a crazy compass.

post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 10:20 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to EDDIE W
Post imported post

i'd stand firm on that aswell, i think you've under priced it too, with the trailer to boot, i'd have had that if i lived in the states, as mdkramer said, it would take much to put it right, imho, i'd go the extra distance, make it right and then think about selling it

GSVH
radio hams do it all night !!! and sometimes with frequency
\'88 GL1500
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

oh the rear light bars are not on the bike. this is a pic i had from the guy i bought it from. i have the light assemblys though as ive stated. just havent had time to take all the pics yet and i dont think the forum will let me post that many. so if you want pics i can get as many as you need!

post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 11:30 AM

Post imported post

Tim I agree with these fellows, If I were in Yuma I would be tempted to come and buy from you. There are alot of us guys that have purchased bikes that suffered greatly from PO neglect, including myself. I find it hard and frustrating not being able to get it back up to shape the way I want it. for ex. I need a fairing, speedometer, complete exhaust, tach cable, paint job and so on and so on, but I do enjoy riding and I do it everyday. Sooner or later I will be able to afford these things and I will be very pleased with what I accomplish. IMHO if I were you, take a deep breath, reconsider and fixer up, ride her for a bit and if your still unhappy and want to sell her, I'm sure you will get your money back.

Tom
1981 Gl 1100
Vetter 3 Fairing
Bates bags,-introducing a 1981 Road Wing

You can\'t fix stupid!
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 11:41 AM

Location: Edgefield -Capitol of the South-, South Carolina, USA
Post imported post

If I could get ScottHOhio to go and getthis onefor me, I'd buy it today!

...but I bet he won't.

Sean, the Resident Redneck
1997 GL1500 Aspencade Limited Edition
1983 GL1100 Aspencade
Freemasonry--2B1ASK1
"Fear the government that fears YOUR guns."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 11:42 AM

Location: Edgefield -Capitol of the South-, South Carolina, USA
Post imported post

tim_fellows wrote:
Quote:
what do you mean by burping the baby?
the cooling system might have an air lock and need to be bled or "burped"

Sean, the Resident Redneck
1997 GL1500 Aspencade Limited Edition
1983 GL1100 Aspencade
Freemasonry--2B1ASK1
"Fear the government that fears YOUR guns."

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > For Sale/Wanted Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page