WANTED: JMCB-GL15 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Location: I Lived in Angus , Ontario, Canada now stuck in La Belle Province...
Model: Gl1500
Post imported post

Heya Folks

My J&M CB is busted.

It seems it the the CB INTEGRATION COMPONENT

JMCB-GL15

If anyone has a control module they want to get rid off or the complete system that they want to sell. Please let me know

Thanks

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 12:37 AM

Model: 1997 GL1500 2007 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

Just out of curiosity, have you tried contacting J&M about getting it fixed? I have a regular JMCB-2003 and the volume knob and shaft broke off. They repaired it free of charge. I know that the Customer Service isn't always customer friendly but they did fix mine with no hassle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mike K.
Honorary Wild Rhino- Thanks Fly!!

07 GL1800 - Crucible Orange Metallic
Premium Audio/Comfort/NAVI/ABS
Converted to California Sidecar Viper Trike.

Darkside #1659
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Yes I have tried.

They actually have crap support. The president is doing the support.

They told me they dont have spare parts and I should be a complete new system.

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 12:46 PM

Garage
Post imported post

Not trying to hijack this thread but, I too was trying to buy one part that was only part of the kit and John L(Prez) flat out refused to sell it to me saying that he only had full kits available and to buy the whole kit if I wanted it. Just like you, I offered to buythe partand at whatever price he would sell it for. The part I wanted was the mount for the CB Unit. And here now you need the GL15 Integration unit. That would basicallyhave leftjust the actual CB Head unit. The CB Head Unit is the same for all the JMCB series and could easily be made up into another regular kit which is more likely to be sold than one of those "200" GL15 kits he claims he has sitting on the shelf gathering dust. I know for a fact that he sells this CB Head Unit by itself on the J&M web site for $269and all the individual parts including spare parts for the BMW kit. I just find it hard to believe that John didn't have the vision to have spare parts for this GL15 kit available. Either that or his arrogance has led him to believe that this unit is "so good" that spare parts will never be needed. Eventually the units he sold will get old and start breaking and need spare parts but none will be available. Why would someone spend over $600 on something if he knew that spare parts are unavailable?

Sorry for venting, I just thought that I was the only one experiencing issues. Good luck with your search for a replacement. If you happen to break down and purchase anothercomplete kit (which I highly doubt you will), I would be interested in purchasing the handlebar mount form you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mike K.

Darkside #1659
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 12:46 PM

Garage
Post imported post

FWIW, retailers seem to be learning that the GL15 kits are getting harder to sell and have reduced the prices on them. Wingstuff is selling the kit for $519.99 http://tinyurl.com/2g4c2ex Sierra is selling it for $535.50 http://www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=243

One option is to buy the kit, sell me the mount, and possibly buy the spare parts to complete a second regular unit. This would get you the Integration unit and then you would be back in business again. Then again, maybe I should buy the full kit, sell you the integration unit, and help put together a second unit for my brother's Suzuki.

Hmmmmmm.......

Mike K.

Darkside #1659
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Well.. I am giving myself a couple of weeks to try to find one.
If I dont get.. it I will have no choice of buying another unit or getting rid of it all.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Paid Site Sponsor

Model: 2015GL,2008GL,2000 Valk
Post imported post

PW, we have always had that price on the GL CB kit. For general info Honda today still does not have part numbers or offer the filters for the GL 1800 CB. We have tried for 10 years to buy them without purchasing the complete CB kit. Also the J&M units have a minimum of 2 year warranty

Wayne

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 04:11 PM

Garage
Post imported post

Sorry Wayne if I mispoke and I apologize. The GL1500 Goldwings will be around for quite awhile and J&M is missing out on an great opportunity as the factory Honda CB's are now out of production. And it seems like the JMCB-2003 will be around for a while. Like I mentioned above, I know that all the individual parts are available for the JMCB-Dual, Solo and even the BMW models so I can't understand why J&M can't offer individual replacement parts for the GL15 model.

Mike K.

Darkside #1659
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I got one from this forum.
A bit more that I wanted to pay.. but fair price.
I get the whole system and will sell the part I dont need

pwhoever got first bid
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Paid Site Sponsor

Model: 2015GL,2008GL,2000 Valk
Post imported post

Mike, no apology necessary. I shouldn't have even mentioned the prices. The main point I should have stayed with was about the spare parts situation.
When Clarion quit supporting the type 1&2 systems they tossed all the parts in the trash even though at the time they knew I was a Clarion service center and they paid me to fix their systems they would not sell me any of the parts. They said it was more economical to trash them than go to the trouble of selling the parts. Same thing happened to the Kyocera type 3 cb parts.
My thoughts about the J&M CB kit for the 1500 is that there were only a very few of the conversion modules made and all of those were used for the kits except for a few that are used for warranty purposes.

Wayne

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > For Sale/Wanted Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page