SOLD SOLD SOLD
Alrighty... I guess it's finally time to sell my trusty ol' steed. I've had a lot of fun with her and kept her around as a "backup" after I got the 1800, but I haven't really been able to give her the attention she deserves.
If you know of anyone who is looking to get into a touring bike for only a little bit of money... then please forward this this ad to them.
- 1988 GL1500
- Phantom Gray (NH215M)
- 153,000 miles
- New HID Headlights. Brighter than my 1800.
- New Mic-Mutes
- New Superbrace
- New Battery
- Corbin Seat & backrest
- Chrome mirrors, rotor covers, & side panels.
- Floorboards w/Heel-Toe shifter
- Hitch w/power
- Luggage Rack
- Rear Spoiler
- Needs new tires
- Needs carb work
This is a high mileage, strong running, bike that has been all over the US. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.
The bike has 152,597 miles. Starts easily and idles well when warm. Need to use the choke when cold. It needs new tires and I've recently cleaned the top end of the Carbs and the accelerator jets. However, it has the typical low-end bog, between 1000-1800 RPM, that was seen in a lot of pre-1990 GL1500's. So it would need a carb job and I've reduced the price to account for that. I've dealt with the low-end bog for as long as I've owned it and I've gotten used to it. But, it would be a lot nicer if the carbs were gone through to fix the low end bog. In the video below, I show an example of the low end bog.
Aesthetically, the bike is no garage queen and she's not a trophy winner at the local Goldwing meets. But, she's in pretty darn good shape for being an introductory year model GL1500. If anyone has any questions, or you need to see some addtional pics... please don't hesitate to ask.
First $3,000 takes her. I'll be listing it locally on Craigslist this weekend for $3,500, so the $3,000 is a GoldwingFacts.com forum discount.
Be sure and look at the video walk-around. I've tried to be as detailed as possible, but if anyone has any questions, or would like additional pics of something specific... please let me know.
I can help with delivery within 100 miles of DFW for the cost of gas.
Thanks for looking guys,
Below are several recent shots of the bike:
And here's the video walk-around. Items to note:
- 00:10 shows some small holes below the rear spoiler where an old light system used to be. (previous owner)
- 00:20 shows some minor painted damage above the rear lighted lens of the trunk. (previous owner)
- 00:40 shows the side bags. They used to have a landscape scene and the previous owner removed it. You can still see the shadow of the old scene when the light hits it just right.
- 00:45 show brand new chrome side panels. Unfortunately, on the way back from Cruiseman's Garage, the original side panel flew off and got run over on the highway, so I've replaced them with new chrome ones.
- 00:50 Corbin seat, standard leather wear.
- 01:30 Engine start, warm day.
- 02:00 shows tire wear. Needs new tires. Current tires are Metzlers.
- 03:00 choke function & idle demo
- 03:25 Armrests
- 03:40 Radio & speaker demo
- 04:40 you can see an example of the "low end bog" between 1000 & 1800 RPM.
More pics are available on my Flickr account here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/1001860...7635896697923/
The bike was recently featured on Cruiseman's Garage where he installed brand new HID headlights, Mic-Mutes, and a Superbrace.