Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1986 GL1200 for sale

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  theRide 
#1 ·
I purchased this bike on eBay a few years ago. When I went to pick it up it wasn’t running. Due to the beautiful hand painted artwork on the bike I purchased it anyway and began all mechanical work to bring it up to par.

I’m told this bike is unique for an Interstate in that it has the factory radio and CB.

I would not hesitate to ride this bike anywhere and in fact rode it up Mt.Washington on an 800 mile 3 day trip last summer. Super comfy and totally reliable. Lots of compliments on this classic. Insurance through Haggerty as a collectible is dirt cheap.

It comes with 800 cassette tapes, an additional 1987 seat, brand new never installed CB headset, stainless brake lines I never got around to installing and a Randaak Carb Tuning Manual.

Work performed:

Polk Audio speakers installed

Sierra Electronics reconditioned factory tape deck and handlebar audio control contacts cleaned

Rare adjustable highway floorboards

Carbs rebuilt with high quality Randaak parts and tuned to perfection for the MAC pipes (a bit throatier than stock but not obnoxious and no drone.

Period correct yellow digital voltmeter installed in steering head to keep an eye on things.

New vacuum lines
water pump seal
radiator hoses
timing belts
Dunlop tires
valve stems
wheel bearings
brake pads
air and fuel filters
spark plugs
bushings in rear shocks
all light bulbs replaced including instrument cluster.... I’m sure I’m forgetting things.

Absorbed glass matt battery new 5/2018

Front forks rebuilt with all new seals, superbrace and progressive springs, brake calipers and cylinders rebuilt, gas tank re-lined, and final drive rebuilt by a Honda dealer.

It has a trailer hitch I never used.

The 3 stator wire plug delete has been performed so no worries there.

33k miles.
Asking 3900 obo

Tons of receipts and more than happy to do a compression check for you to verify this bike is solid

I will be at Americade if you’d like to see it there otherwise located on Long Island, NY

Only reluctantly selling because I picked up a bagger I just had to have, I’m building a custom and don’t have room for 3 bikes. Total bike ADD lol

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.