Fire Creek Ignition Cover Wanted - Page 5 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 59 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:17 PM

Model: 1996 Goldwing SE/ 1998 Goldwing SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWN View Post
Here's the oem brochure for them, a most useful accessory for the mighty 1500 :<)

CWN....would it be possible for me too buy this brochure off of you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 02:27 PM

Year: 1999
Make: Honda
Model: 1999 GL1500SE, soon to be sold 2007 GL1800 PA
Hey guys, I finally got around to looking for the place that does plastic molding locally. Not to sure what town/city as all the ad has is a phone number and web site. Here goes. Digital Design, Inc.
218-751-7276. [email protected], www.ddiplastics.com. hope this helps someone out. Interesting looking dash panel. I recall seeing one when I went to Wing Ding in Billings summer of 2000.
moparnut38 likes this.
post #43 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 02:45 PM

Year: 1991
Model: GL1500 Interstate (Cinnamon/beige)
Great resource Limpy45!!! Looks like they're in Minnesota. Thanks for providing their info.

They'll be on my list of contacts for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 02:19 PM

I've submitted my pristine, original panel to a "mold-maker" to reproduce this panel. There will be minor modifications from the original but "cosmetically" it will be an "identical twin".

The first batch is a small number of panels, partly due to the initial cost to get this project off the ground, AND my desire to get some available to the interested riders by Christmas time. IT'LL BE A GREAT "GIFT" TO SPRUCE UP THE APPEARANCE OF THE "OL GIRL"!!

I've been reassured that the quality and craftsmanship will match the original panel, , ,time will tell.

ANYONE INTERESTED IN BEING NOTIFIED WHEN THESE PANELS BECOME AVAILABLE SHOULD PM ME TO BE PUT ON THE "LIST" TO CONTACT.
post #45 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 08:39 PM

Model: 1996 Goldwing SE/ 1998 Goldwing SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUTHUNDR31 View Post
I've submitted my pristine, original panel to a "mold-maker" to reproduce this panel. There will be minor modifications from the original but "cosmetically" it will be an "identical twin".

The first batch is a small number of panels, partly due to the initial cost to get this project off the ground, AND my desire to get some available to the interested riders by Christmas time. IT'LL BE A GREAT "GIFT" TO SPRUCE UP THE APPEARANCE OF THE "OL GIRL"!!

I've been reassured that the quality and craftsmanship will match the original panel, , ,time will tell.

ANYONE INTERESTED IN BEING NOTIFIED WHEN THESE PANELS BECOME AVAILABLE SHOULD PM ME TO BE PUT ON THE "LIST" TO CONTACT.

I just pm'd you too put me on the list of contacts for the panel
AZgl1800 and BLUTHUNDR31 like this.
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 10:45 PM

I just got an email from the vendor!!!

He was only able to produce and ship about 60% of the original number of panels that I paid for. I saw pictures of them and THEY LOOK GREAT!!! They are scheduled (UPS) to arrive Christmas Eve (12/24/18). I am really disappointed I couldn't get the total number of panels expected, AND have them available for Xmas "presents" for the 1500's. Sorry guys, , , I tried my best, but this was the best the vendor (and I) could do.
AZgl1800 and moparnut38 like this.
post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 07:32 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
It takes time to make the molds, he will come through I am sure.
BLUTHUNDR31 likes this.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 04:57 PM

UPS delivered the panels to my door on Saturday 12/22/18 about 1 pm. All of the members who paid, had their panels shipped out (USPS) by 5 pm on Saturday 12/22/18. USPS estimated delivery by 12/26/18 BUT, , I was happy to learn that all of the panels were delivered on MONDAY 12/24/18, , , ,Just in time for wrapping to go on and stuffed under the tree for Christmas morning!!!!! Two-Thumbs-Up for the US Postal Service!!!! They made me look good by delivering the panels by Xmas as I had hoped.

There have been times when my mouth "wrote checks" my azz couldn't cash, but this wasn't one of 'em. . . GOOD JOB Mr. Postman
siouxindian likes this.
post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 02:53 PM

I had a few "International" members interested in the panel but I was hesitant to do international shipping due to the customs ppwk, declaration docs, and any "tariffs". I decided to put on my "big-girl" panties and "LEARN" how to do the International shipping, , , , ,Happily I'm no longer an "International shipping" virgin!! (It was easier than I originally thought)

IF AN INTERNATIONAL MEMBER NEEDS/WANTS A PANEL, , ,LET ME KNOW WITH A PM!! The shipping costs/fees will be more than domestic rates, but I think I have a handle on it.
post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 06:51 PM

Model: 1985 GL1200 Limited Edition and 1995 GL1500 SE CDN Edition
Received the panel last week or so. Very nice unit. Have to look at changing the colour to match the bike, but that's a small work issue. Have been deciding on what to install on the panel considering I was gifted a set of switches from an 1800. These switches fit on the clutch and brake MC and have 3 switches in each. My initial thoughts are a USB connection, voltmeter, outside temp gauge, and a heated clothing plug. Will use one of the switch units for driving lights, etc. Will place gauges so that I have a bit of room for additional installs down the road. Cheers

"When writing the story of your life, Don't let anyone else hold the pen"

Ernest

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > For Sale/Wanted Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page