Fire Creek Ignition Cover Wanted - Page 6 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 10:46 PM

Year: 1991
Make: Honda
Model: GL1500 Interstate (Cinnamon/beige)
Rednaxs60,

Does the '95 SE have a Grey(Cosmopolitan Grey), or is that a Reddish (Tuscany Red) colored Center shelter? I can provide the Color-rite color code if you need. It'll be the "ORIGINAL" color code, but due to weathering, cleansers, and sun-fade, it'll be slightly different than the TRUE color of your shelter "NOW". It should be close but not an exact match.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 01:49 PM

Model: 1985 GL1200 Limited Edition and 1995 GL1500 SE CDN Edition
Good Question - will check when I get home in two weeks. Found this web site regarding colour codes: http://www.goldwingworld.com/pages/kleuren.htm

"When writing the story of your life, Don't let anyone else hold the pen"

Ernest
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 02:20 PM

Good site, but watch out for "mistakes"/"typo's". Check out multiple resources for the correct color code. Checking the '95 SE center shelter, fuel door, and ignition panel on 3 different parts sites, seems to consistently show "Cosmopolitan Gray" as color code NH159L, and "Tuscany Red" as R200. (A "base" color might be needed also)

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Last edited by BLUTHUNDR31; 01-23-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 10:23 PM

Had a look on line - typed in the colour code - and it appears to be the same as what is on my bike. There should be an indication of the colour code on the bike plastics somewhere.

Ernest
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 09:02 PM

Sounds like you'll have that color matched in no time, glad to hear it. NOW, , ,the hard part, , , what're ya gonna put on that panel, and we're dying to see what it looks like after you mount it.

Ride safe
post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 08:33 AM

I have been thinking about what to put in the new panel. I am thinking a voltmeter, USB connector, a heated clothing connector, and an outside temp gauge. Trying to stay with the one inch gauge/connector style. I was given two switch units (see attached) that fit onto the brake and clutch MCs so I don't have to install any switches, although when I get to the panel install (will be before June 26 because the bike is going north to Yukon/Alaska - four week trip) may change my mind on the switches as well.

I will be putting a fuse holder under the panel for the electronics. It's very compact and good for splitting a 15 amp circuit to suit lesser amp requirements. The last one I used I purchased from Eastern Beaver in Japan - expat Canadian. He has some very good products. See attached.

The electronics that will be on the bike for the trip north are cell phone - who leaves home without it, an inReach Explorer sat tracker - older model but new still in box for safety issues, lots of no cell phone coverage as you go north, and a Garmin GPS. May also have a car GPS on the back for Sonya to use so she feels more engaged in the trip as well.

The sat tracker will also come in handy around home and on Vancouver Island as there are lots of places that we ride that have no cell phone coverage. Our family and friends will be able to see our trip progress by logging into the Garmin site. Only have to use it once to pay for itself.

The Delorme Explorer is a nice little unit, was $200.00 CDN less than new Garmin Explorer plus and will do everything I want it to. Nice little unit, set it up last night. Had to purchase a monthly plan to set it up and activate the unit, but can suspend the service until I need it. This first month will allow me to use the unit and get used to it. Only negative issue with this sat tracker is the SOS function has been known to be inadvertently set off. Knowing this will safeguard against it.

This install will be done in conjunction with install of an auxiliary fuse block and some electrical wiring to suit my eccentric behavior.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Switches.JPG (108.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 3-circuit-fuse-mount.jpg (11.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Delorme Explorer.jpg (40.3 KB, 4 views)

Ernest
post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 10:01 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
I have read many comments about how costly it is to inadvertently set off the 911 SOS function on our Sat Trackers....

you WILL get a bill for Services Rendered, if the situation is not valid.

Fortunately, for most devices, that button is hard to active accidentally.

I like the additional features of the InReach above what my Basic SPOT Gen II can do.
for me, just being able to touch a button and give my family a one shot notice of where I have stopped, is good enough.... typically my cellphone will have coverage anywhere that I stop for lunch, or the night.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/561269#specs

InReach specs

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 12:52 PM

Sending Current Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
for me, just being able to touch a button and give my family a one shot notice of where I have stopped, is good enough.... typically my cellphone will have coverage anywhere that I stop for lunch, or the night.
To let my family know where I am, I use a Family Locator - GPS Tracker APP called Life360. Reasonable annual cost ($24.99 a year) and it is always on and at your finger tips as long as you have your phone, which everyone does it seems. As long as the phone is on and the battery is good, It tracks your phone.

I have one of the Firecreek Ignition covers I purchased on Ebay for $30 but have not installed it on my GL1500. I have my Garmin GPS mounted in that position so there is nowhere to install accessory gauges in that area. The first pic is of my old Street Pilot before I installed the Garmin 1490 in a waterproof zipper case. Here I was on Mt Evans in Colorado. Notice the Altitude.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P7250020.JPG (134.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 1490 on GL1500-02.jpg (98.2 KB, 6 views)

1998 - GL1500 w/175,000 miles
2003 - GL1800 w/106,000 miles
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 02:50 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
I still have a working Street Pilot, nothing wrong with it, except the power cord finally gave up the ghost.... and a new one is more than I want to pay, for a GPS with limited abilities

Cellphone apps for GPS are so much better for casual use.

~ John

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > For Sale/Wanted Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page