• 1 Post By siouxindian
  • 1 Post By flylow
  • 2 Post By CrystalPistol

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Model: 1997 GL1500SE/Lehman GTL Trike
Garage
1985 GL1200A Reduced

Well, had a bout of vertigo last week so no bike riding for me . I haven't yet tried CL or FB locally yet, but I'm ready to make someone a great deal..... IMHO. Some pics with old post quoted below and on CL listing.

I noticed that rear brake goes way down, so may need a rear MC kit? I tried the "tie brake pedal down" trick, it seems fixed.

I'm going to offer her at $1500, I hate to see her just sitting in the basement, collecting dust.

Edit added 04-01-2019 . just now listed also on Craig's list.
https://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/mcy/6855639877.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalPistol View Post
Well, been reorganizing things and have decided it's time to let go of some things.

... I am also putting the '85 GL1200A up for sale. I have had this bike since 1995. It too has always had a home in the basement when not being ridden. Currently shows 80,475 miles. Comes with some spares, new Odyssey batt, Progressive Suspension fork springs & rear 416 series air shocks, Corbin seat (no tears, etc) with back rest, vented WS, Back-Off, and I replaced the stator with a Honda Lifetime Warrantied stator at near 40,xxx, has volt meter. Will include full set of new SS braided brake hoses (bought from "lopeha" here) and parts to swap in complete 1500 rear if desired, both were in my "plan" ... but not needed.
Also comes with my CB radio "integrator" and CB that simply plugs into headset (I used it on group rides, otherwise left CB off) and then "rider" plugs into integrator. Comes with several manuals, a spare radiator I picked up cheap and an alternator I was gonna use for Poor-Boy conversion if ever needed.

Runs like a top ....was ... $2,500 but is $1,500 now. PM me if interested. located Zip 24435
I redid my listing here to clean it up.

Today, 04-10-19 afternoon, pumped old gas out, put fresh in, open petcock, started up and run until good & warm, everything works. Just updating.
AZgl1800 and siouxindian like this.

1997 GL-1500 SE / 1998 Lehman GTL Trike
...(Candy Spectra Red )

"Make Courtesy Your Code of the Road!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:11 PM
life is good

Year: 1991
Make: gl 1500 interstate
Model: 91 interstate
that's a very nice bike.
CrystalPistol likes this.

life is good.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, I missed that my listing expired. So this post was originally just to update CL link. I'll still take some less than the $2500 I listed it at here. I still have the bike for sale, but can't deal with it just now (06-13-19) as life gets in the way again. I'm OK, but for a a few weeks, I won't be allowed even messing with getting it off center stand. It is in a dry carport, battery is in basement, she has fresh gas, ain't gonna freeze or get wet, but a little dusty and for some reason (leak I guess) rear tire is soft (flat) but if I kept it, it'd get new Avons anyway.

This is not a "bump" intention, so I just will add information and pics in place of links to CL that are no good anyway.

I have had the bike since 1995, it has spent a few nights under half or full cover at a motel on a trip, but otherwise has spent every winter in a heated dehumidified basement here. I just vented the W-shield before I last parked it, I have SS brake hoses, 1500 final drive stuff I was gonna swap to for bigger rear brake and better stronger 1500 wheel, spare radiator if needed, spare dig speedo, spare U joint, spare headlight complete, books, and a lot of files on hacks & fixes that can be put on a thumb drive. She may need a water pump someday, may need a rear MC rebuild sooner (though tying the foot pedal down did seem to cure rear brakes, which were great when last ridden on roadway). Corbin saddle is like new, Progressive suspension front & rear, on board air compressor, NO reverse (no 1200s had reverse but I get asked), racks, rear removable "at will carrier rack" (two, one for "action carrier", one smaller for red white cooler), etc as in pics. Trunk is 2+ inches rearwards of OEM for better passenger room. Has plug ins for std 5 pin DIN headsets, Frt & Rr.

I built a hitch, but bought a trike & trailer before ever towing with it, so removed hitch. I built the rack setup as I'd rather haul that carrier than a trailer anyway.

If you want to come with trailer to get it, PM me here. Located in 24435. Please .. NO trades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siouxindian View Post
that's a very nice bike.
Thank You . and I agree. If I were looking, I'd be all over it. If it stays around, it'll just tempt me to ride it and I done promised "Wife Unit" I wouldn't.

Some of these pics are older ones, but bike is just as shiney when cleaned up, only has additions. No damages added and No fading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rack small Aug 2004 at Wytheville.jpg (123.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg cooler 1.jpg (18.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg cooler 2.jpg (22.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCI0006 (640x552).jpg (252.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 85 Wing 1.jpg (136.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 1985 GL1200A 2016 1.jpg (327.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 11-08rear L closeup web.jpg (168.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg M-Bk Windshield Trim 11-06-15 (9).jpg (405.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg M-Bk Windshield Trim 11-06-15 (2).jpg (345.1 KB, 14 views)

...(Candy Spectra Red )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
She's Gone now!

...(Candy Spectra Red )

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 07:04 PM

Year: 2008
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800
Good to see that, it's just one less thing to worry about. Hope all goes well with the vertigo and you are able to do the things you want.
CrystalPistol likes this.

Charlie
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank You, I didn't have to sell it for any reason other than I knew if I kept it, I'd be tempted to ride it again, and getting hurt just was just too likely and besides I promised "Wife Unit". I would have give it away but no one in family nearby rides. Friends who ride have their own favorites.

I did OK, all considered. Still have the trike.

Fellow who rode it away from here was plumb tickled pink, we loaded a bunch of accumulated 1200 stuff in his wife's jeep. I even gave him a new in box 25 year old base station . books, a spare headlight, radiator, new brake hoses, digital dash, etc. His wife was rolling her eyes.

Young couple in their early 30s, if it brings them half the fun it did us, they'll have a blast.
flylow and Dodge like this.

...(Candy Spectra Red )

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > For Sale/Wanted Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in