1984 Gold Wing Aspencade for sale - $2500 OBO - SOLD
For sale is my 1984 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade. I purchased this bike from its last owner in 2014, and have spent the last five years riding and resurrecting this classic touring bike. In the time I've had it, I've replaced or added the following items:
* Carburetors removed when I purchased the bike, chemically dipped and cleaned, and rebuilt with full Randakks carb rebuild kit
* Stator / regulator (Rick's Motorsport Electrics units) - Hard-wired together (no OEM plug to melt)
* Widshield (Slipstreamer, stock height)
* Water pump assembly (OEM Honda)
* New thermostat (OEM)
* Cylinder head gaskets and cam cover gaskets
* New upholstery on seat and passenger backrest (marine grade)
* Progressive 416 series rear air shocks (1/2" longer than stock, connected to factory air compressor)
* Kuryakn highway pegs
* Radiator rebuild (original, but taken to a radiator shop and stripped, tested, sealed, and repainted)
* Onboard compressor removed, cleaned of filter debris, oiled, and newly oiled foam filter element installed
* Digital voltage meter (installed in fairing)
* Stainless steel brake lines (front and rear)
* Stainless steel clutch line
* New timing belts (approx. 1 year / 10,000 miles old)
* New Michelin Commander 2 front/rear tires (installed March 2019)
* Carbs synchronized Sept. 2018
* Fuel pump replaced
* New fuel pump relay
* Throttle lock added
* Baker Air Wings added
* New Yuasa AGM battery installed summer 2018, kept on maintenance charger when not riding
* Bike half-cover included
The bike currently has 69,226 miles on it. I've ridden it approximately 10,000 miles each year since I bought it (I have all fuel purchase information). I also used this bike in March 2019 to do a Saddlesore 1000 ride, and had zero problems. Oil changes have been every 3,000 miles with Shell Rotella T oil.* I also used a can of Seafoam spread across two tanks of gas at every oil change to keep the carbs clean. There is no rust in the gas tank at all. This bike has been a good and faithful traveler.
I can confirm that everything electrical is working except for the CB. There's power to it, but I have never had a helmet with a Honda headset, so it was never a priority for me to dig in to it. Also, the onboard air compressor works, and supplies air to the rear shocks but not the front forks (the line is disconnected, since it has progressive wound fork springs - I never found it necessary to add air to the front).
Also including half-cover, Clymer manual, and 4-channel mercury manometer if you want it (mercury stored separately)
She's a good runner and gets a lot of questions wherever we go. PM me if you have any questions.
PRICE - $2500 O.B.O. (More pictures available upon request)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Buddykitchen; 05-26-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Reason: Price adjustment, additional pictures